This month, World Child Cancer USA is raising $20,000 to fund a 20-bed cancer ward at one of our partner hospitals in Mexico. Children who are undergoing treatment there are forced to sleep (outside) on the ground and we want to provide them a safe, clean and welcoming place to lay their heads throughout the months of their cancer treatment. We need your help to help these children in Mexico.
How you can help:
1. Donate today to our on-line campaign at http://tinyurl.com/z5tc4pe Donations big and small build momentum and hope. Check in with the campaign throughout September and help us reach our goal of raising $20,000. It’s for the kids! But, don’t stop there….
2. Share your support on social media. Add a few sentences on why helping a child with cancer is important to you, and ask your friends to join you in supporting World Child Cancer during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Use the hashtags #letseventheodds #gogoldcampaign #worldchildcancerusa #nochildshouldsuffer #childhoodcancer #whenigrowup. Make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram!
3. Fundraise to help kids this month. Host a party; sell cookies; do a raffle; rather than have lunch with your co-workers, brownbag it and donate what you would have spent; put a jar on your desk; or go big and engage your entire community – virtually and on-line. (contact us for ideas)
4. Support businesses that are supporting World Child Cancer this month by donating a % of their proceeds in Sept:
– Buy a special edition Childhood Cancer Awareness Month t-shirt here.
– Buy a #gogold bracelet at Kate Murphy Designs here.
On behalf of the 800 children with cancer in SE Mexico, we thank you! To learn more and get involved in this campaign, email [email protected]
Together, we can fund a cancer ward for the kids so they can focus on beating cancer!
Join us to help kids with cancer in Mexico
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of children with cancer? We currently have immediate openings for several unpaid volunteer positions at our office at the Posner Center for International Development in Denver, Colorado.
We’re looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to help with our social media, events, and outreach to the Denver community to raise awareness and funds this fall and winter. Visit our website for more information and email Michelle Barnes at [email protected] with any questions. Please share – thank you!
We’d like to thank our awesome volunteer Ambassadors for raising awareness and funds for kids with cancer – you rock! World Child Cancer USA Ambassadors host events and fundraisers in their local communities, represent the organization where they live, and work with our staff to raise awareness and funds.
Our Ambassadors are gearing up for Childhood Awareness Month in September. Would you like to join our WCC USA Ambassador team? You can learn more and find the application to apply on our website: http://worldchildcancer.us/get-involved/ambassadors/.
Pictured: Ambassador Christine Camiolo Gordon, along with Michelle and Carole, walking the Color Run for World Child Cancer USA. It was the Sassenach Society of South Jersey’s, an Outlander group, first 5k walk and Pam and David also joined.
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month! Join us to help even the odds for kids with cancer in the developing world. Sign up for our newsletter to learn how you can get involved: http://eepurl.com/BLo4X.
Please share – thank you!!
Guadalupe at our partner hospital Hospital de la Niñez Oaxaqueña
Childhood Cancer Awareness Month is coming up in less than a month! In September, we’ll be raising awareness and funds for kids with cancer in developing countries, where 80% of children with cancer live. Will you join us to help kids with cancer around the globe?
Here’s a few ways you can get involved:
1. Make sure you’re signed up for our e-newsletter list. It takes 2 minutes to sign up: http://eepurl.com/BLo4X
2. Set up a fundraising page and take on a new challenge to help children with cancer where we work: give up your daily coffee and ask friends to do the same and donate the savings; run/walk a 10k; host an online raffle – the sky’s the limit. https://www.crowdrise.com/worldchildcancerus Just $100 can cover supportive care drugs for one child with cancer.
3. Wear gold (CCAM’s color!) and share our website and social media posts with your friends, colleagues, and family! www.worldchildcancer.us
Thank you! Please email [email protected] with any questions.
Dr. Flatt and nurses from the the Hospital del Nino DIF Hidalgo
Our partner hospital, Hospital del Nino DIF Hidalgo’s (HNH), is hosting the International Congress of Quality in Healthcare June 8 to June 9. HNH is dedicated to providing the best quality care for children with cancer and the conference is dedicated to sharing best practices. The hospital first hosted this innovative conference last year which brings together hospital administrators, doctors, social workers, and nurses, from all over the state of Hidalgo.
World Child Cancer USA’s Board Chair, Dr. Scott Howard, and World Child Cancer USA’s Executive Director, LeAnn Fickes, joined the panel for a session on partnering with international nonprofits. Dr. Howard and LeAnn led a discussion on our program, how people in Hidalgo can help, and our partnerships with local Mexican nonprofits, AMANC and Casa de la Amistad. Also, Board member and project lead from Children’s Mercy Kansas City, Dr. Terrie Flatt, is a panelist and is staying an extra day to discuss program activities and long term planning.
Thank you to HNH for organizing the congress and for inviting World Child Cancer USA to participate! A big thanks to our Project Coordinator, Arturo González, for helping organize the congress.
Get Involved this February and together ‘let’s even the odds’ for children with cancer in the developing world!
To find out more information about our awareness campaign visit our website here.
Please join us in raising awareness and share – thank you!
Thank you again to everyone who raised awareness and funds during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! We appreciate your support and couldn’t do what we do without you.
Melissa and her Mom at the Hospital de la Niñez Oaxaqueña
In September, we raised over $6,000 for our project in Mexico. Funds will be used to set up a childhood cancer database, to train local nurses and doctors, and to support treatment costs. Thank you!
Hospital de la Niñez Oaxaqueña team, World Child Cancer team, and Oaxaca Secretary of Health, Hector Gonzalez Hernandez
A special thank you to Heaven Burkes for donating proceeds from Heal Your World for Children; Lisa McCarron for donating 50% of proceeds from Well, Well, Wellness; to the Posner Center for International Development for co-hosting our Go Gold Happy Hour; to all of the Outlander and Caitriot groups for organizing walks and other fundraisers, and to all of our individual donors who gave during September.
We’d like to say a big thank you to all of the Outlander groups and Caitriots who are raising awareness and funds for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and all year long. We’d also like to thank World Child Cancer’s patron, Caitriona Balfe for your incredible support. Thank you!
Thank you to the following groups for organizing #GOGOLD events during September (please let us know if we’ve missed any!):
Outlander So Cal
And…all of the amazing individuals who walked, donated, & raised awareness!!
**There are only 2 days left in September! Remember, all donations this month go towards our new project in Mexico. There’s still time to donate here!
Thank you to everyone raising awareness and funds during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! We truly appreciate your support.
A special thank you to all of the Outlander groups and the Caitriots who have organized Go Gold walks and other events. We’re thrilled to have so many of you involved all over the US! Also, thank you to author Heaven Leigh for donating proceeds from Heal Your World for Children and fundraising this month. Another big thank you to Lisa McCarron of Well, Well, Wellness for donating 50% of the proceeds of her beautiful jewelry in September. Thank you to everyone who attended our Go Gold Happy Hour and for the Posner Center for International Development for co-sponsoring the event.
All donations during the month of September will go towards our new project in Mexico. Thank you for helping us launch our project!