World Child Cancer Collegiate Ambassador Program
World Child Cancer USA is recruiting a select a group of college students and/or recent graduates to participate in a semester long program which aims to raise awareness of childhood cancer in the developing world while fundraising for World Child Cancer’s projects. Collegiate Ambassadors will have a unique experience working for an international nonprofit (NGO) as well as the experience of creating media campaigns and fundraisers. Those who successfully complete the program will receive letters of recommendation as well as mentorship throughout the program from staff, Board Members and Ambassadors.
Collegiate Ambassadors are expected:
- To serve as Collegiate Ambassadors of the organization for the length of one semester (or during summer break) and actively work to promote its mission and raise awareness for World Child Cancer’s work. Collegiate Ambassadors will receive training, materials, and will work closely with Board members and staff in their communities. Additionally, Collegiate Ambassadors will be profiled on the www.worldchildcancer.us website and will be promoted on social media.
- To participate in World Child Cancer’s fundraising by creating your own unique fundraiser or collaborating with other Collegiate Ambassadors on a fundraiser over the course of the program. Collegiate Ambassadors are each expected to raise a minimum of $500.
- To promote World Child Cancer’s mission online and actively participate in ongoing World Child Cancer campaigns by sharing posts and engaging in various social media platforms. A private Facebook Group for Collegiate Ambassadors will be a primary mode of internal communications.
- To spend a minimum of three hours a week on activities including organizing fundraisers, engaging in social media, engaging with other Collegiate Ambassadors around the country, and participating in meetings with staff members. Meetings will be held via video so we can have participation of all Ambassadors.
- To communicate with Staff members and proactively work to meet deadlines throughout the program. Collegiate Ambassadors must participate in regular communication with staff members to ensure continuous participation and engagement.