All around the world, fans of the STARZ TV Show and Diana Gabaldon’s Outlanders book series are coming together to support World Child Cancer. At the heart of it is star of the series, Caitriona Balfe, who is a patron of World Child Cancer UK, our sister organization. Together with Caitriona, literally thousands of Outlander fans are making a difference for children with cancer in the developing world.
Caitriona recently visited two World Child Cancer projects in Ghana to see World Child Cancer UK’s work in action at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra and Komfo Anoyke Teaching Hospital in Kumasi. She met a number of young patients and their families, as well as the healthcare professionals who are caring for them and representatives from the Parent Support Group.
- Make a donation anytime directly through our website or, if you are located outside of the US, you can donate through our sister organization, World Child Cancer UK.
- Become an Ambassador for World Child Cancer
- Join Cait’s Caraids and help children in Ghana. Caitriona recently visited World Child Cancer’s partners in Ghana and is calling on all Outlander Fans to join her in supporting these children. Full details are at http://caitscaraidsusa.everydayhero.do/
- One way to join Cait’s Caraids, is to join the Voyager Walk this summer. Walk 100 miles to acknowledge the journey a child named Caden walked in order to get cancer treatment in Ghana.
- All Outlander Fans who raise at least $130 will be a drawing for cool Outlander prizes. Share your participation at #caitscaraids