This month, World Child Cancer USA is raising $20,000 to fund a 20-bed cancer ward at one of our partner hospitals in Mexico. Children who are undergoing treatment there are forced to sleep (outside) on the ground and we want to provide them a safe, clean and welcoming place to lay their heads throughout the months of their cancer treatment. We need your help to help these children in Mexico.
How you can help:
1. Donate today to our on-line campaign at http://tinyurl.com/z5tc4pe Donations big and small build momentum and hope. Check in with the campaign throughout September and help us reach our goal of raising $20,000. It’s for the kids! But, don’t stop there….
2. Share your support on social media. Add a few sentences on why helping a child with cancer is important to you, and ask your friends to join you in supporting World Child Cancer during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Use the hashtags #letseventheodds #gogoldcampaign #worldchildcancerusa #nochildshouldsuffer #childhoodcancer #whenigrowup. Make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram!
3. Fundraise to help kids this month. Host a party; sell cookies; do a raffle; rather than have lunch with your co-workers, brownbag it and donate what you would have spent; put a jar on your desk; or go big and engage your entire community – virtually and on-line. (contact us for ideas)
4. Support businesses that are supporting World Child Cancer this month by donating a % of their proceeds in Sept:
– Buy a special edition Childhood Cancer Awareness Month t-shirt here.
– Buy a #gogold bracelet at Kate Murphy Designs here.
On behalf of the 800 children with cancer in SE Mexico, we thank you! To learn more and get involved in this campaign, email [email protected]
Together, we can fund a cancer ward for the kids so they can focus on beating cancer!